- Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram – 695018
- Mon-Sat 9:30 AM – 5:30PM
- 0471 2490 572
CEST is an association of the faculty and students of the Electronics and Communication Department started in late 90s under the guidance of Dr. Shanthi K.J. with many objectives that gain insights into latest technological developments to the students. With the support and guidance of the faculty, it has been providing the students a platform to sharpen their organizational skills and technical expertise. But later it became inactive for few years. Later in 2014Prof. (Dr.) Sheeja M.K. the former head of the department took the initiative and reconstituted CEST.On 29th August 2014 reconstituted CEST was inaugurated by Dr.Shaji Senadhipan, former principal of the college.
The objectives of the council are:-
- To provide students with necessary supportive co-curricular training to enhance their curricular performance.
- To update students with recent trends in industry.
- To make the students learn new skills and upgrade existing ones.
- To focus on setting the perfect platform for students to groom and nurture the qualities of teamwork, leadership, mutual understanding and co-existence and to provide exposure to public and executive communication.
- To bridge the distance between the textbook syllabi taught and the practical application in industry.
- To provide insight into core research areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Staff-in-charge: Smt. Bindu V.
The college is a realisation of a long felt need for an institution catering to a growing number of undergraduates opting for technical education. It seeks to promote education and research in the field of technology; to accumulate effective ideas and techniques likely to promote the socio-economic welfare of the people of Kerala